Everyone wants to own a home and people take much effort in building, setting up, decorating, and cleaning the house. However, the cleaning part dies out over the course of time and gradually everyday cleaning becomes a task and this is reduced to once a week cleaning or once a month cleaning. While there are some who clean their homes only once a year during the festivities and there are others who may simply ignore to do it at all. Nevertheless, what people forget to realize is that by keeping your homes clean, you are not only enhancing the beauty of your home but also maintaining it to last longer than usual. Hence, a clean home is a thing of beauty that can last ages.
Here are some tips on how you can clean your home without much effort and continue to retain its beauty over the years.
- Starting with the morning, make it a point to make your bed as soon as you wake up. You can extend the morning chores to wiping the edges of the bed, the bedside table, and any furniture in your bedroom as well.
- Whenever you open your wardrobes/drawers, make sure to get that drawer arranged and practice the art of de-cluttering.
- Similarly, when you get back home from outside, make it a habit to hang the clothes worn and keep your accessories in its respective place to avoid long hours of weekend sorting.
- Sort clothes that need to go into the laundry instead of tossing it around.
- Do laundry regularly and make it a point to fold the clothes once they are dried, sort the clothes that need a pressing, and put it back in its place.
- Water rinse the bathroom every time you take a shower and the sink when you brush your teeth or wash your face.
- Hang towels/bathrobes neatly on rods/hooks to allow them to dry.
- Keep the toilet seat clean as well every time after use to avoid long cleaning times.
- In a similar manner, ensure to keep the kitchen slabs, stovetops, sinks, and the dining table clean after preparing and eating each meal. It saves time and keeps the place looking clean. It also avoids the entry of ants, cockroaches, and other pests.
- Keep the living room clean and tidy after every family meeting or departure of friends.
- Make sure to sort the trash and take it out every night.
Remember, a clean and beautiful home is like a delicious wine, which when prepared and stored with care enhances the taste as it ages.