People have the wrong notion that only by spending a fortune can they eat good food or to be more specific healthy food. But, in reality, you can not only be healthy and eat well but also save money if you know what to eat, how to eat and when and where to buy. Read on to know more.
- Make your own salads: It is convenient no doubt to buy a prepackaged salad but it is expensive and not always in the greatest of shape or with veggies you like. Instead, make your own salad with ingredients that you like and want; it stays fresher longer and is cheaper.
- Grown your own veggies: Organic vegetables can be hard on the pocket but what if you could grow all that you need in your home. Not only is their satisfaction of eating what you grow but you know for a certainty that it is pesticide free and supremely healthy.
- Don’t buy spices in bulk: Spices come with a short shelf life and hence it is a waste of money to buy and store. Buy in small quantities and they retain their freshness.
- Cook in bulk and freeze: Using your choicest ingredients and cooking hygienically you can cook in large quantities and freeze the excess. This way you will always have something to eat at home and there will be no need to order food.
- Don’t forget the humble potatoes: There is a misconception that a potato is not the best friend of those on a healthy diet. Rich in fiber potassium and vitamin c, it is a powerhouse of nutrition. You must take care, of course, to reduce the fat while cooking and you have a satiating meal.
By mixing healthy grains and seasonal vegetables with meat and cooking at home you can eat healthily, stay healthy and wealthy by using coupons from couponobox.